The problems involving your wisdom teeth may be caused by the size of your jaw and/or by how crowded your teeth are. Common warning symptoms that there is an un-natural problem in the development of your wisdom teeth could be pain and swelling.
Symptoms can be caused by:
1) Infection to the gums
2) A crowded tooth displacing neighboring teeth
3) A decayed wisdom tooth
4) Poorly positioned wisdom tooth
5) A cyst that destroys bone
Removal of wisdom teeth could be done while you are sedated and being carefully monitored.
1) An incision is made in the gums.
2) The overlaying bone is removed to
expose the crown of the tooth.
3) The tooth is then extracted as a whole or under certain circumstances, it may be necessary to be removed in pieces. This is generally done for severely impacted wisdom teeth.
4) The area is stitched closed and allowed to heal.